La Industrial Teatrera is a circus and street theatre company specialising in clowning. It is a Catalan-Madrilian mix born out of the meeting between Jaume Navarro and Mamen Olias in 2002, two artists with many years of professional experience in various theatre and circus companies and projects.
These two multidisciplinary artists created the company with the aim of communicating with the audience through smiles, laughter and emotions. In order to achieve this they use techniques of interpretive theatre, circus and street theatre with a specialism in “clownerie”.
Best street show Catalan prices of circus Zirkólika
Best Direction and Best Placing on Stage Catalan prices of circus Zirkólika
Best Show Award at the Umore Azoka Festival in Leoia, where the jury noted “the show has an exquisite and special flavour, bringing together formal and interpretive elements in the final work” (Spain)
The Guineueta Award for the Best Family Show, awarded by the Friends of the Teatro Zorrilla in Badalona (Spain)
The Audience Award for Best Show at Jerez Festival (Spain)
- UK: ‘Watch this Space’, National Theatre, London • Miami, Santo Domingo and Mexico: a tour organized by the Spanish Agency for In- ternational Development (AECID). There, in addition to performing, the company also provided workshops entitled ‘The Clown by The Industrial Teatrera’. • France: ‘Grand Bornand, ‘ Festival International de Théâtre de rue et des arts de la rue d’Aurillac ‘,’ Festival of Aubagne Chaud Dehors’ and the towns of Evian, Tignes, Anemasse, Libourne, Perpignan, Côte d’Azur, Nice, Beziers, … • Netherlands: ‘Deventer op suelten Festival’ • Portugal: ‘International Festival of Evora, ‘ Sete Sois sete Luas’ and ‘International Theatre Festival of Tavira’ • Italy: ‘ Luglio Bambino Festival’ and the city of Catolica . Germany: (Europäisches Straßentheater Detmold Festival, Kleinesfest, Kultursecretariat, Freiburg …).
- Network Theatres of Madrid, Catalonia and Castilla-León, Castilla la Mancha. PLATEA Program
- The Conde Duque; La Casa Encendida, La Ciudad de los Niños, the Teatro del Mar,… • International Clown Festival’, Madrid …
- International Clown Festival’, Madrid • FETEN • Festival of Female Clowns, Andorra • International Festival of Theatre and Performing Arts fest of Seville’ • International Meeting of Artists AR.CA Callejeros’ Aguilar del Campo • International Festival of Street Theatre, Villarreal
- Iberoamerican Festival, Cadiz • Theatre Festival, Tarrega • ‘Umore Azoka – Street Festival of humorists, Leoia • Lekeito Festival • Theatre Festival, Loja • Pilar Festivities, Zaragoza • Trapezi Circus Festival , Vilanova • In Street – International Festival of Theatre and Entertainment, Viladecans • ‘Contemporary Theatre Festival’, Lazarillo de Manzanares • ‘Universal Forum of Cultures’, • Cycle ‘Bizarre Scene‘ University Menéndez Pelayo, Santander, …
… They also participate in events like the Forum of Barcelona 2004 and the Expo from Zaragoza 2008.